Rosser Writes

Okay, I broke the build

A new theme breaks the build on Netlify and I can't fix it. After using a static-site generator since 2013, I admit it's finally time I moved on.

In my last post I debuted a new site theme based on a couple of HTML5up templates. If you were really quick, you might have even seen it.

While the theme looked nice, something, somehow, broke my build process on Netlify and I can’t fix it. So, after a little bit of magic with GIT (i.e. a hard reset), I’ve gone back to the old theme…for now.

The old new theme, DOA
The old new theme, DOA

Not only did I break the build, but I’ve at last broken the camel’s back. For over a year I’ve felt I’ve reached the limit of what a static site generator can do for me. With my confidence in Pelican and Netlify shaken, I’ve decided to migrate my site to another platform. I’ll go into more details in a later post, but for now I’ve got a lot of work to do.

In the meantime, I'm loathed to add more to this site, so until I relaunch the site I'll use my relaunched podcast. for news and content.

More to come…


Previous

Reboot

 


Discussion