In today's episode, I follow up on my iPad Experiment, share news about my next book, and muse about my disaster recovery strategy after my house is broken into and my family's only car was stolen. I'm also back to using my regular studio setup in my study, so I sound a lot better!
- iPad Experiment using Ferrite and a cheap lav mic
- World Anvil announces Heroes for RPG Gamemasters. I reviewed World Anvil last month.
- Amazon S3 - used as my third storage provider for backups.
- GSuite - used for my email, beta reading (Google Docs) and yet more cloud storage.
- DigitalOcean - for running ad hoc scripts, test websites and just about anything else I can think of. NOTE this is an affiliate link, and if you sign up using this link you'll get $50 credit and I'll get a couple of bucks thrown my way.
An email from fellow author, Troy A. Hill, has me thinking about some differences between historical fiction and fantasy. I also share some news about my plans for the future of the podcast, and give an update about the state of my two work-in-progress books - The Prince's Bastard, and A Man at Arms.
I review World Anvil, a very promising and comprehensive app for world-builders, table-top gamers and novelists.
I make a guest appearance on Jason A. Meuschke's Sample Chapter Podcast and read Chapter 1 of The Weaver's Boy.